Jyväskylän Institute of Adult Education.jpg

Insurances and Heath care

You are required to have with you the European Health Insurance Card. In addition you must be covered by your school’s liability insurance during your placement (e.g. in case there is any damage to the equipment or facilities of a company). You are also strongly recommended to have travel insurance (missing luggage, broken or missing equipment, sudden illness or accidents).

If you get sick during your stay you should inform your International Coordinator or teacher/workplace instructor. If needed, the International Coordinator or teacher can guide you to student health care during day time or if you get sick between 16.00- 08.00 to Jyväskylä City Emergency located at Keskussairaalantie 19.


In the field of social and health care some vaccines are recommended and occasionally proof of vaccination must be presented to the workplace instructor. You will be notified of these regulations prior to your arrival to Finland.

Important telephone numbers in case of emergency:

  • General emergency number (ambulance) 112
  • First Aid Call Centre +358 100 84 884
  • Health Care Centre - Night Emergency Duty +358 100 84 884
  • Toxicology Information Centre
    + 358 (0) 9 471 977 or +358 (0)9 4711