Mobility Liaison, International Coordinator and documents needed

Before arriving in Jyväskylä you will be appointed a Mobility Liaison at the college who is your contact person during the stay. The Mobility Liaisons are teachers from your own field of study. If you come to Finland for work-based learning the contact person will take you to your work place and introduce you to your workplace instructor. With your workplace instructor you will go through the rules, rights and responsibilities at work.

The International Coordinator will help you with the practical arrangements including accommodation. If you take for example a bedsit from an apartment from KOAS, it is possible to rent a survival kit from the college for 25 euros. More information from the International Coordinator.

If you have a Europass Mobility Certificate, Learning Agreement or other documents that has to be signed at the workplace or by the college in the beginning, during or at the end of your placement, it is good to go through the papers right in the beginning of the placement. You should talk about the necessary papers with your Mobility Liaison and Workplace Instructor.

Student Affairs Secretary

During your first days here in Jyväskylä your Mobility Liaison Teacher will take you to meet Student Affairs Secretary who will give you a lunch card (in order to get a free lunch at college canteen), username to the college network and a certificate for the student discount card to trains and long distance coaches. For the certificate you have to bring a photo of you.

You can print and fill the Information sheet and bring it with you to speed the process on arrival.