The vocational training provided by the Jyväskylä Apprenticeship Training Center is a combination of training that takes place in the students’ workplaces and studies at educational institution.
The average number of students annually is 2 500. The Jyväskylä Apprenticeship Training Center is part of the Jyväskylä Educational Consortium.
Contract between an employer, a student and an apprenticeship training centre
- Can also be a contract between an entrepreneur and an apprenticeship training centre
Is based on an employment relationship or entrepreneurship
- The duties should enable the student to acquire the essential knowledge and skills in the field concerned
- Practically always includes studies at educational institutions
- Is always based on an individual learning plan: previous learning and experience recognised and the opportunities provided by the apprenticeship training place taken into account
- For new employees
- For career changers
- For employees who have no formal training or who have interrupted or discontinued their training
- For employees who want to develop their vocational skills
- For entrepreneurs who want to develop their personal competences and their business
Training Based on Apprenticeship Contract
Vocational qualification 2-3 years
- Further qualification 1–2 years
- Specialist qualification 1–2 years
- Under certain conditions, training that does not lead to a qualification, 4-12 months
Qualification descriptions on the web pages of the Finnish National Board of Education:
Apprenticeship Training Centre’s Role
Advises and guides in all apprenticeship training matters.
- Verifies that the prerequisites for apprenticeship contracts are met by both the student and the employer.
- Confirms the apprenticeship contracts.
- Provides theoretical education.
- Provides induction training to the workplace instructors.
- Monitors the progress of learning at the workplace.